Subject: bug#50839: 28.0.50; Odd things in comp-ctxt doc string

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 08:58:30 +0200

I saw that compiling with native-comp warned about a too-long doc
string, but looking at comp-ctxt-byte-func-to-func-h, it's not too long:

  (byte-func-to-func-h (make-hash-table :test #'equal) :type hash-table
                     :documentation "byte-function -> comp-func.
Needed to replace immediate byte-compiled lambdas with the compiled reference.")

But looking at the actual help buffer, I get the stuff below.

It looks like bits of the doc strings have been replaced with...  odd
things?  "lambdas" is now "lamcomp-func.dbdas".  And also the
"byte-funCL-X.ction" thing.  I haven't debugged any further; perhaps
it's obvious to someone what's going on.  (I've added Andrea to the CCs.)

comp-ctxt-byte-func-to-func-h is a native compiled Lisp function in
‘comp.el’.

(comp-ctxt-byte-func-to-func-h CL-X)

Access slot "byte-func-to-func-h" of ‘comp-ctxt’ struct

byte-funCL-X.ction ->

Needed to replace immediate byte-compiled lamcomp-func.bdas with the compiled reference.

  This function has a compiler macro ‘comp-ctxt-byte-func-to-func-h--cmacro’.
  This function does not change global state, including the match data.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 23, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-09-26 built on elva
Repository revision: 43ae8c828d853382bbc2a27b9e14b9fff6ba18b6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no