Subject: [bug#50833] [PATCH] gnu: Add bower.

From: jgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 23:31:16 -0400

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 19:11:24 -0700 Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> These are the locations I found.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that :) I must have done the wrong thing with ripgrep

> default_sendmail_command =
>     command_prefix(shell_quoted("/usr/bin/sendmail -oi -oem"), quote_once).

Should sendmail really be wrapped? I feel like sendmail won't work "out of the" box
without some configuration first. I may be wrong. Not sure what to do there.

Maybe someone in the community can advise us further on that point?

The other ones seem sensible to wrap and as they mostly work without configuration.

I'm using msmtp instead of sendmail in my bower config. Seemed much simpler 
at the time to set up. I think the founding/main author of bower also uses msmtp 
instead of sendmail.

https://github.com/wangp/bower/blob/512b8be936db268d8ea94608cab486725cc2ec60/bower.conf.sample#L125

> Also, I just caught one more thing--usually we write out the full URL in
> the origin, rather than re-use the 'home-page' field.

Good catch! I stopped doing that also. That must have been from the package 
template I started from ;) 

I added a new patch with the home-page swapped below.

> Hope that helps,

Thank you! Yes, it does. Much appreciated :)

I hope to get back to this in a few days when I have more free time. 

Feel free to add patches if you'd like. We can commit together as co-authors.

all best,

jgart