Subject: Re: [bug#50833] [PATCH] gnu: Add bower.

From: jgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 21:12:20 -0400

On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 18:01:20 -0700 Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Sarah, thanks for all the feedback! It is much appreciated that you took
the time to do that.

>   (invoke "make" "-C" "tests")

I added this.

> or maybe even avoid the custom phase with test-target:
> 
>   #:test-target "--directory=tests"

This one didn't work out for me.

> It might be helpful to also install bower.conf.sample to "/share/bower",
> so we have an example config file.

Added this request.

> If it's not possible to 'substitute*' those values, 'wrap-program' could
> be used to add the correct directories to PATH, but that can introduce
> other issues.

I'll have to wrap my head around this one a bit more to understand what is needed.

It looks like the mercury code does not call the binaries directly.
I might be wrong. I have to take a closer look. Do you happen to have
some places in the code where you see the binaries being called in a way that
requires wrapping the path?

I updated the description :)

Below is the updated patch.

all best