Subject: Re: bug#50816: 28.0.50; [eglot] Nonstandard SymbolKind values for imenu

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 12:06:29 +0100

>From  reading the original description, I do think this is more about LSP
than Eglot.

I haven't given much thought into it, but I don't think Eglot can do
anything
reasonable outside the standard here. And even if it could, not sure if it
should.

I'd venture to say that this should be brought up with Microsoft's
specification
instead.

João

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 11:52 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > The main constituents of a TeX document outline are chapters, sections
> > and environments.  However, the `kind' attribute of a DocumentSymbol is
> > not just some name, as one would reasonably expect.  Instead, it's a
> > number, which the LSP client then looks up in a hardcoded table [🤦].
> > So in theory one is constrained to the SymbolKinds mentioned in the
> > spec, none of which is remotely suitable for TeX.
> >
> > Is there some Eglot-friendly way to get around this silly limitation?
>
> This was almost a year ago, so I'm not sure whether it's still relevant,
> but in case it is -- João, do you have any comments here?
>

-- 
João Távora