Subject: [PATCH v3 6/6] gnu: Improve description of proj packages.

From: Felix Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:24:57 +0000

* gnu/packages/geo.scm (proj, proj.7)[description]: Consistently call
  the package Proj, instead of Proj, PROJ or proj.
  Use @acronym to define CRS.
---
 gnu/packages/geo.scm | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/geo.scm b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
index 2e9c6b6c8f..d8af4f71f3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/geo.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
@@ -539,12 +539,12 @@ fully fledged Spatial SQL capabilities.")
     (synopsis "Coordinate transformation software")
     (description
      "Proj is a generic coordinate transformation software that transforms
-geospatial coordinates from one coordinate reference system (CRS) to another.
-This includes cartographic projections as well as geodetic transformations.
-PROJ includes command line applications for easy conversion of coordinates
-from text files or directly from user input.  In addition, proj also exposes
-an application programming interface that lets developers use the
-functionality of proj in their own software.")
+geospatial coordinates from one @acronym{CRS, coordinate reference system}
+to another.  This includes cartographic projections as well as geodetic
+transformations.  Proj includes command line applications for easy
+conversion of coordinates from text files or directly from user input.
+In addition, Proj also exposes an application programming interface that
+lets developers use the functionality of Proj in their own software.")
     (license (list license:expat
                    ;; src/projections/patterson.cpp
                    license:asl2.0
@@ -572,12 +572,12 @@ functionality of proj in their own software.")
     (synopsis "Coordinate transformation software")
     (description
      "Proj is a generic coordinate transformation software that transforms
-geospatial coordinates from one coordinate reference system (CRS) to another.
-This includes cartographic projections as well as geodetic transformations.
-PROJ includes command line applications for easy conversion of coordinates
-from text files or directly from user input.  In addition, proj also exposes
-an application programming interface that lets developers use the
-functionality of proj in their own software.")
+geospatial coordinates from one @acronym{CRS, coordinate reference system}
+to another.  This includes cartographic projections as well as geodetic
+transformations.  Proj includes command line applications for easy
+conversion of coordinates from text files or directly from user input.
+In addition, Proj also exposes an application programming interface that
+lets developers use the functionality of Proj in their own software.")
     (license (list license:expat
                    ;; src/projections/patterson.cpp
                    license:asl2.0
-- 
2.30.2