Subject: bug#50809: closed (Re: tla2tools fails to build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:48:03 +0000

Your bug report

#50809: tla2tools fails to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50809: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50809
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: tla2tools fails to build
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:26:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andrew,

Thanks for reporting this!  Fixed in Guix commit 86d316b.

> I tried the obvious fix of putting in the correct hash

Obvious maybe, but not much of a fix, as you discovered: what 
mishappened to change the hash in the first place?  Anything bad? 
Would it happen again next week?

> expected hash: 
> 1hhx8gmn81k8qrkx4p7ppinmygxga9fqffd626wkvhjgg2ky8lhs

This hash corresponds to tlaplus commit 6932e19.

> actual hash: 
> 0xqp2ayn3knmdcs5h1sb70rf1adirg2i4igl0y2r0mlx4wwlma2h

This hash corresponds to tlaplus commit 875bf8f.

> Given that the current tag v1.8.0 is from 2021-09-14 while ~git 
> blame~ says that tla2tools hasn't been touched since 2021-04-15, 
> something weird is definitely going on.

Upstream has moved the v1.8.0 ‘tag’ by *eighty-seven* commits! 
Probably more.  Why??  Are they nihilistic hellraisers?  Probably 
not: according to [0]
1.8.0 is not a proper release.  Oops.  Let's give them the benefit 
of the doubt.

If it still moves after the release, and if I don't forget, I'll 
file a bug.

Closing this one,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/

Subject: tla2tools fails to build
From: Andrew Patterson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 00:02:29 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tla2tools fails to build with a hash mismatch:
I tried the obvious fix of putting in the correct hash, but then 
it failed with a patch failure:

Given that the current tag v1.8.0 is from 2021-09-14 while ~git 
blame~ says that tla2tools hasn't been touched since 2021-04-15, 
something weird is definitely going on.  I could continue to try 
and hack this into working, but I don't know how I would make sure 
this doesn't happen again, and I would prefer if whoever wrote 
this originally (apparently Mike Gerwitz or Ludovic Courtès?) 
could at least help.

-- 
Andrew Patterson