Subject: Re: tla2tools fails to build

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:26:29 +0200

Andrew,

Thanks for reporting this!  Fixed in Guix commit 86d316b.

> I tried the obvious fix of putting in the correct hash

Obvious maybe, but not much of a fix, as you discovered: what 
mishappened to change the hash in the first place?  Anything bad? 
Would it happen again next week?

> expected hash: 
> 1hhx8gmn81k8qrkx4p7ppinmygxga9fqffd626wkvhjgg2ky8lhs

This hash corresponds to tlaplus commit 6932e19.

> actual hash: 
> 0xqp2ayn3knmdcs5h1sb70rf1adirg2i4igl0y2r0mlx4wwlma2h

This hash corresponds to tlaplus commit 875bf8f.

> Given that the current tag v1.8.0 is from 2021-09-14 while ~git 
> blame~ says that tla2tools hasn't been touched since 2021-04-15, 
> something weird is definitely going on.

Upstream has moved the v1.8.0 ‘tag’ by *eighty-seven* commits! 
Probably more.  Why??  Are they nihilistic hellraisers?  Probably 
not: according to [0]
1.8.0 is not a proper release.  Oops.  Let's give them the benefit 
of the doubt.

If it still moves after the release, and if I don't forget, I'll 
file a bug.

Closing this one,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/