Subject: bug#50806: 27.2; [PATCH] Optimize ansi-color.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 11:27:34 +0200

<[email-masked]> writes:

> Ok, thanks. I have actually already prepared patches for all these
> features: full-color in ansi-color.el and term.el and also "basic" ANSI
> escapes 1-8 for term.el that you mentioned.
>
> I guess there's no harm in sending them right now.

We could apply both the patch to optimize ansi-color.el and add this new
stuff now (to the Emacs trunk, i.e., Emacs 29), but there was some
discussion about merging...  er...  something?  That I didn't quite
understand?  :-)

So just to clarify -- 

Subject: [PATCH] Optimize ansi-color.el

and

Subject: [PATCH 2/4] Add support for 256-color and 24bit ANSI colors in ansi-color

are independent patches, and they should both be applied to Emacs 29?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no