Subject: bug#5080: indic text is not displayed correctly in emacs shell

From: Praveen A <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:11:06 +0530

2009/12/3 Praveen A <[email-masked]>:
> (4a) Why is it taking Lohit Malayalam by default
> (4b) Why is the display cluttered/overlapped with some fonts like Meera

4b is now resolved, details in
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5146

Now only remaining issue in the list is about selecting default font.
I think it should be taken from fc-match :lang=ml

Even as per the current policy of taking first one from fc-list
:lang=ml, it is not working

Though Meera is selected as the default font (fc-match gives this and
it comes as the first result in fc-list) in fontconfig configuration,
Lohit Malayalam is used as the default font to display Malyalam if no
preference is set in .emacs.

-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)
Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign