Subject: Re: bug#5078: 23.1.50; vc broken

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:08:50 +0000

On 2009-11-30 16:46 +0000, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Leo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>   > Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
>   > and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
>   > a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':
>   > 
>   > For files that are placed in a subdirectory (where there's no .git) of a
>   > git repo, vc now thinks a file unchanged even if there are changes.
>
> Can you please send a detailed recipe starting from emacs -Q of how to
> reproduce this?

I think I am seeing an odd bug.

There's a file in one of my projects that Emacs (with -Q) VC can't see
its changes. However, I can use magit to see its changes without any
problem. I tried to reproduce this problem with a newly created git repo
but with no luck.

Could you let me know how I can debug this further? Thanks.

Leo