Subject: [bug#50753] Merging wip-guix-home to master

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:13:10 +0200

Hi Oleg and all,

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> However, I agree the merge had been a bit faster than expected [1,2].
> Maybe we could have prevented:
>
> <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/50856>
>
> and probably other “polishing” issues.  Well at least, these issues are
> now fully exposed. ;-)

Yeah, I would have felt more relaxed if this had been less rushed, if
suggestions recently made on guix-devel had been discussed, and if
requests for extra review time had been heard.  It’s like hearing
there’s a party outside but you know you have to finish your homework
before you can join.

Now, even though my stress level spiked a bit given the pressure it puts
on us, I think this is exciting news and I’m grateful to Oleg has been
working with Andrew for the past month or so to make it happen!

Thanks,
Ludo’.