Subject: [bug#50753] Merging wip-guix-home to master

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 12:53:28 +0300

The core part of Guix Home project has been moved from rde
repository[fn:1] to wip-guix-home branch of guix repository.

I'm about a week on wip-guix-home branch completely and Guix Home works
fine.  There are no any major issues on rde-devel and guix-devel mailing
lists and it seems that branch is ready to be merged.

My guix describe looks like:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Generation 114	Sep 17 2021 13:33:55	(current)
  rde 31f8003
    repository URL: https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/rde
    branch: without-guix-home
    commit: 31f800353a781cef25fc80c05ad824a068a049c8
  guix a2324d8
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: wip-guix-home
    commit: a2324d8b56eabf8117bca220a507cc791edffd2e
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

There is a discussion[fn:2] on moving home services to (gnu services
...)  modules, which is likely to happen, but it's possible to do the
migration relatively painless by re-exporting necessary symbols in
(gnu home-services ...) at first and removing them completely later.

Another important part of the work related to Guix Home project is
covering related modules and cli with tests, but it can be done in
parallel and is not a blocker for merging.

* Footnotes

[fn:1] https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/rde

[fn:2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-09/msg00169.html