Subject: Re: bug#50743: Emacsclient not tested vs. Local Variables prompt

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:55:42 -0700

Phil Sainty wrote:

> Perhaps another icewm user will be able to reproduce the issue.

I don't use icewm, but I can reproduce the problem with MATE, using
either the marco window manager or Openbox, on Debian 10.  I can
reproduce it with Emacs 27.2 (Lucid) built from source and with the
Emacs 26.1 (GTK) that is bundled with Debian 10.  I can also reproduce
it with Emacs master built earlier this year (git hash 13b247c3c4).

> Are you saying that if you create a second file, /tmp/m2 which does
> *not* have any file-local variables, and you go to your terminal and
> run "emacsclient /tmp/m2" and type "y" that it inserts the character
> "y" into the "m2" buffer; but if you run "emacsclient /tmp/m" which
> has the file-local var and you type "y" it gets inserted into the
> terminal window?  And you are doing everything else exactly the same
> way, so that the sole difference between the two tests is that whether
> or not the file has a file-local variable?

Yes.  And yes, in the /tmp/m case, the mate-terminal window still has
the focus.

regards,
mike