Subject: bug#50743: Emacsclient not tested vs. Local Variables prompt

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 13:12:01 +1200

On 2021-09-25 02:42, 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson wrote:
> About this frame and that frame, this focus and that focus, that
> is all beyond the user's comprehension.

You are using a multi-tasking windowed operating system.  You can't
use the computer at all without knowing that when you type on the
keyboard only one of the many possible windows is receiving the input.
This might be beyond the user's comprehension, but that's nothing to
do with Emacs.

My impression now is that you typed something into a window that
wasn't Emacs and are claiming that it's a bug that Emacs didn't react
to that.  This is like raising a bug report for your painting software
to complain that it didn't draw a picture when you were dragging your
mouse around in your web browser.

Whether a newly-opened window automatically has focus or not is a
matter for your window manager, so you should investigate how you can
make that happen on your system.

Alternatively, consider using "emacsclient -t" so that your client
is running in the same terminal from which you ran the command.

-Phil (can we close this bug?)