Subject: bug#50743: Emacsclient not tested vs. Local Variables prompt

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:42:02 +0800

>>>>> "PS" == Phil Sainty <[email-masked]> writes:
PS> Ok, so is this the recipe?

Yes.

PS> $ emacs -Q -f server-start &

PS> $ cat /tmp/m
PS> ## --  -*- foo: bar; -*-

PS> $ emacsclient /tmp/m

PS> See the "local variables may not be safe" prompt in the client frame.

Stop right there.

Emacs is asking the user a question.

The user types an answer.

The answer doesn't go to emacs.

That's the problem.

About this frame and that frame, this focus and that focus, that is all
beyond the user's comprehension.

PS> Focus on the emacsclient frame in your window manager.

PS> Respond to the prompt (e.g. with "y").

PS> And your keystrokes go to the original terminal, even though the
PS> emacsclient frame has the window manager focus?