Subject: bug#50743: Emacsclient not tested vs. Local Variables prompt

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:54:20 +1200

On 2021-09-23 17:43, 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson wrote:
> All I know is with these
> https://www.jidanni.org/comp/configuration/
> files, and this file:
> $ cat /tmp/m
> ## --  -*- so-long-action: normal-mode; -*-
> $ emacsclient -n /tmp/m
> reproduces the bug.

1. Do you see the same thing with ANY file-local variable?

2. Do you see the same thing if you use '-Q' when starting the server?

3. Do you see the same thing without the '-n' option?

For (1) please test with something like -*- foo: bar; -*- (i.e. any
name which isn't a known variable) so that we have an idea of whether
this is connected to so-long.el in any way.

Also, per our conversation the other day, that 'normal-mode' is a
misleading value -- unless you've defined a custom action by that
name, it's no different to specifying any other invalid action, and
merely means that so-long won't do very much.

-Phil