Subject: bug#50742: closed (Re: bug#50742: spacefm crash on launch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 02:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50742: spacefm crash on launch

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50742: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50742
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50742: spacefm crash on launch
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
Cc: ison <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 21:31:21 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

"bdju" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon Oct 18, 2021 at 9:10 AM CDT, ison wrote:
>> Are you using Wayland?
> Yes, I am on Sway.
>> If so then there is a workaround. Try launching
>> it like "WAYLAND_DISPLAY= spacefm" (notice the space). Spacefm doesn't
>> support Wayland natively.
> This works! Thanks.
>> A similar file manager that does support Wayland is Thunar.
> I'm all-set for a file manager. I just noticed this problem while
> comparing several of them and their performance. I believe pcmanfm,
> pcmanfm-qt, thunar, caja, and dolphin all worked okay on Wayland. At the
> least they didn't crash on launch.
>
> I guess it sounds like this is an upstream bug then. Not sure if this
> should be closed or not. I'll leave that up to someone else to decide.

I agree; it's an upstream bug.

Thanks for the report!

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: spacefm crash on launch
From: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:17:04 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

guix (GNU Guix) 9057035d892266c1b90242d06522a642e13b09d79
I am running Guix System

Here is the output after running `spacefm` from my terminal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(spacefm:28620): SpaceFM-WARNING **: 13:43:17.110: No root settings
found in
/gnu/store/cb0mdkpb2a3x1sylfhkhb8g228hs43cp-spacefm-1.0.6/etc/spacefm/
Setting a root editor in Preferences should remove this warning on
startup.   Otherwise commands run as root may present a security risk.
**
GLib:ERROR:../glib-2.62.6/glib/ghash.c:472:g_hash_table_lookup_node:
assertion failed: (!g_atomic_ref_count_compare (&hash_table->ref_count,
0))
Bail out!
GLib:ERROR:../glib-2.62.6/glib/ghash.c:472:g_hash_table_lookup_node:
assertion failed: (!g_atomic_ref_count_compare (&hash_table->ref_count,
0))
zsh: abort      spacefm
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When launching with ‘guix environment --pure --ad-hoc spacefm --
spacefm’ instead, it appears successfully.