Subject: bug#50713: 27.1; mm-inline-render-with-file should not (always?) use mm-with-unibyte-buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:47:30 +0200

David Bremner <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1) Set mm-text-html-renderer to 'links
> 2) Render some html like the attached partial spam containing multibyte
> characters. Observe that the mulibyte characters are inserted as
> individual bytes

The test file you included didn't include any charset specification, so
it's just a bunch of bytes, anyway, so there's no way for links to
render this in any particular manner.  So I'm unable to reproduce the
problem.

Can you instead forward a complete email message that displays the
issue?  `S D r' on one of the messages to [email-masked] should
do the trick.

(But note that spam messages are notoriously malformed, so there's often
no correct way to display them.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no