Subject: bug#507 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#507: compilation problem under Solaris)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#507: compilation problem under Solaris

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
507: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=507
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Sat Aug  9 19:43:34 2008
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#507: compilation problem under Solaris
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 22:42:24 -0400

Fix synced to 22 branch 2008-08-10, bug closed.

>From [email-masked] Mon Jun 30 05:41:13 2008
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: compilation problem under Solaris
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:41:03 +0200
From: "Langella Raphael" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

I'm compiling Emacs 22.2 under Sparc/Solaris 9. I've got librairies
under non-standard directories, so I've set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS with -I
and -L options to include these directories. The path to those
directories has the string "sparc" within. In src/Makefile, "sparc" has
been replaced by "1 " on the lines defining ALL_CFLAGS and LIBW. I've
corrected it manually and it compiles fine.
Here's an example if my explanation isn't clear. I set :
LDFLAGS=3D"-L/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.8/tiff/3.8.2/lib"

in src/Makefile :
LIBW=3D"-L/Produits/publics/1 .SunOS.5.8/tiff/3.8.2/lib"