Subject: Sorting by columns broken on NonGNU/GNU ELPA web pages

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 23:09:43 -0700

Severity: minor

We used to have the capability to sort by columns on the NonGNU/GNU ELPA
web pages:

    https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/

But now it seems broken.  The JavaScript that ran this is still in the
HTML header of that page:

        <script src="../javascript/jquery.min.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="../javascript/jquery.filtertable.min.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="../javascript/package-search.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

But the URL's themselves give 404:

    ~ $ curl https://elpa.gnu.org/javascript/jquery.min.js
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>404 Not Found</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <p>The requested URL was not found on this server.</p>
    <hr>
    <address>Apache/2.4.48 (Debian) Server at elpa.gnu.org Port 443</address>
    </body></html>
    ~ $ curl https://elpa.gnu.org/javascript/jquery.filtertable.min.js
    [same as above]
    ~ $ curl https://elpa.gnu.org/javascript/package-search.js
    [same as above]

So I guess the JavaScript directory for some reason is no longer where
it should be.