Subject: bug#50689: 28.0.50; Wrong VC repo URL detection in bug-reference-mode

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 14:53:32 +0100

close 50689 28.1
quit

Tassilo Horn [2021-09-20 08:45 +0200] wrote:

> "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> How's the attached fix?
>
> LGTM.

Thanks, pushed:

Fix VC repo URL detection in bug-reference-mode
7d5930a6f0 2021-09-20 14:41:13 +0100
https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=7d5930a6f0c7b44c00df403d5fe8a3f40e51902f

> Not sure about when-let/seq-fns.  I refrained from using them in
> bug-reference.el so that it doesn't require subr-x.el and seq.el.

when-let is an autoloaded macro, so subr-x.el won't be loaded at all at
runtime (assuming everything is byte-compiled).

seq-some is an autoloaded function, so seq.el won't be loaded until
bug-reference-try-setup-from-vc is invoked (and anyway in practice it is
hard to do anything in Emacs any more without seq.el being loaded at
some point).

> But OTHO, I very much like them and would happily use them once they
> are loaded anyway.

I'm therefore closing this report.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil