Subject: bug#50676: closed (Re: bug#50676: [core-updates-frozen] Image production is broken.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50676: [core-updates-frozen] Image production is broken.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50676: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50676
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50676: [core-updates-frozen] Image production is broken.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 00:55:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> When a producing a disk-image, the system derivations are built twice:
>
> building /gnu/store/8w9ic3h26w6rp4pj94gd93lw2bnqywgm-system.drv...
> successfully built /gnu/store/8w9ic3h26w6rp4pj94gd93lw2bnqywgm-system.drv
> building /gnu/store/bxh7s2lwl82d3lwd59swkf243h17gyg1-system.drv...
> successfully built /gnu/store/bxh7s2lwl82d3lwd59swkf243h17gyg1-system.drv
> building /gnu/store/81wqilcd9g8c0yh6xj7chbla9agz06d9-grub.cfg.drv...
> successfully built /gnu/store/81wqilcd9g8c0yh6xj7chbla9agz06d9-grub.cfg.drv
> building /gnu/store/m87i36kdb09vig99q3mj24f30i1h8bjf-grub.cfg.drv...
> successfully built /gnu/store/m87i36kdb09vig99q3mj24f30i1h8bjf-grub.cfg.drv
> building /gnu/store/ngdkc4dhaf9qhry71dmcp1dj7rvnaqiy-partition.img.drv...
>
> The installed Grub configuration file in /boot/grub/grub.cfg points to a
> system that is *not* part of the closure. The second Grub configuration
> file shown above points to the other system that *is* part of the
> closure.
>
> While booting the image in QEMU, the boot fails when trying to access
> the missing /gnu/system/xxx-system/boot file.

This should be fixed by df46bef48eaa43c502fa9193371692c039b460c1, whose
log contains all the gory details.  :-)

This should allow us to move forward with system testing on the branch!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: [core-updates-frozen] Image production is broken.
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:09:41 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

When a producing a disk-image, the system derivations are built twice:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
building /gnu/store/8w9ic3h26w6rp4pj94gd93lw2bnqywgm-system.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/8w9ic3h26w6rp4pj94gd93lw2bnqywgm-system.drv
building /gnu/store/bxh7s2lwl82d3lwd59swkf243h17gyg1-system.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/bxh7s2lwl82d3lwd59swkf243h17gyg1-system.drv
building /gnu/store/81wqilcd9g8c0yh6xj7chbla9agz06d9-grub.cfg.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/81wqilcd9g8c0yh6xj7chbla9agz06d9-grub.cfg.drv
building /gnu/store/m87i36kdb09vig99q3mj24f30i1h8bjf-grub.cfg.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/m87i36kdb09vig99q3mj24f30i1h8bjf-grub.cfg.drv
building /gnu/store/ngdkc4dhaf9qhry71dmcp1dj7rvnaqiy-partition.img.drv...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The installed Grub configuration file in /boot/grub/grub.cfg points to a
system that is *not* part of the closure. The second Grub configuration
file shown above points to the other system that *is* part of the
closure.

While booting the image in QEMU, the boot fails when trying to access
the missing /gnu/system/xxx-system/boot file.

Thanks,

Mathieu