Subject: bug#50672: python-pytorch is not reproducible

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:25:36 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Sept 2021 at 16:11, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Having unbundled NNPACK in d326dec8115cf5e2cac9497633dc11ecc970361b, I
> can confirm that PyTorch itself is now reproducible, but NNPACK isn’t.

I reproduce: "guix build nnpack --no-grafts --check" differs.  Pytorch, not.

> PyTorch upstream noted that the problem is in NNPACK, not PyTorch
> proper.

Closing this report?

However, I notice 2 things:

 1- Unbundled dependencies are still fetched
 2- Does the Git submodule mechanism work with the SWH fallback?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Initialized empty Git repository in
/gnu/store/…-python-pytorch-1.9.0-checkout/.git/
>From https://github.com/pytorch/pytorch
 * tag               v1.9.0     -> FETCH_HEAD

[...]

HEAD is now at d69c22d [docs] Add torch.package documentation for beta
release (#59886)
/gnu/store/…-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL:
cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
Submodule 'android/libs/fbjni'
(https://github.com/facebookincubator/fbjni.git) registered for path
'android/libs/fbjni'
Submodule 'third_party/NNPACK_deps/FP16'
(https://github.com/Maratyszcza/FP16.git) registered for path
'third_party/FP16'
Submodule 'third_party/NNPACK_deps/FXdiv'
(https://github.com/Maratyszcza/FXdiv.git) registered for path
'third_party/FXdiv'
Submodule 'third_party/NNPACK'
(https://github.com/Maratyszcza/NNPACK.git) registered for path
'third_party/NNPACK'
Submodule 'third_party/QNNPACK' (https://github.com/pytorch/QNNPACK)
registered for path 'third_party/QNNPACK'
Submodule 'third_party/XNNPACK'
(https://github.com/google/XNNPACK.git) registered for path
'third_party/XNNPACK'

[...]

Submodule 'third_party/NNPACK_deps/psimd'
(https://github.com/Maratyszcza/psimd.git) registered for path
'third_party/psimd'
Submodule 'third_party/NNPACK_deps/pthreadpool'
(https://github.com/Maratyszcza/pthreadpool.git) registered for path
'third_party/pthreadpool'

[...]

Cloning into '/gnu/store/…-python-pytorch-1.9.0-checkout/third_party/NNPACK'...
Cloning into '/gnu/store/…-python-pytorch-1.9.0-checkout/third_party/QNNPACK'...
Cloning into '/gnu/store/…-python-pytorch-1.9.0-checkout/third_party/XNNPACK'...

[...]

Submodule path 'third_party/NNPACK': checked out
'c07e3a0400713d546e0dea2d5466dd22ea389c73'
Submodule path 'third_party/QNNPACK': checked out
'7d2a4e9931a82adc3814275b6219a03e24e36b4c'
Submodule path 'third_party/XNNPACK': checked out
'55d53a4e7079d38e90acd75dd9e4f9e781d2da35'

[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Cheers,
simon