Subject: bug#50667: Update ecomplete when used via standard UI

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 18:02:09 +0200

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 at 17:10, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>>     (setq message-mail-alias-type nil ;; or keep the default 'abbrev
>>>>           message-expand-name-standard-ui t)
>>>>
>>>> and an ecomplete database file, then everything works OOTB,
>>>
>>> Works in what way?
>>
>> If I hit TAB in an address field, my completion UI kicks in and I can
>> choose an address from the ecomplete database.
>
> I think that's a bug -- I don't see anything in the documentation of
> `message-expand-name-standard-ui' that says that that's going to use
> ecomplete?

Right, the docstring doesn't say anything but there is a NEWS entry
saying this is the intended behavior.

I've CCed Stefan, who introduced 'message-expand-name-standard-ui'.
Let's see what he says.