Subject: Re: bug#50666: 28.0.50; Fix native compilation on Cygwin

From: ASSI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 13:31:09 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> There is (of course), but then there is no guarantee that you can do a
>> fork from the resulting memory image.  Which is exactly the problem that
>> fixing the base addresses of all DLL was intended to solve and has the
>> unfortunate side effect that you need to modify the on-disk
>> representation.  On 64bit, marking the eln as ASLR w/ high-entropy and
>> large address aware will probably work most of the time, but 32bit is
>> much more prone to collisions (in fact I did use a shell inside an X11
>> Emacs as my test case when I last unsuccessfully tried to make ASLR work
>> for Cygwin).
>
> So this basically means that native-compilation is unworkable for
> 32-bit Cygwin, right?

Explicit rebasing should work on both architectures, the question is
just how to best ensure it's done correctly.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldUserWavetables