Subject: bug#50659: Fontify Libtool macros in autoconf-mode

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 12:49:58 +0100

Severity: wishlist
Tags: patch

The built-in autoconf-mode currently fontifies Autoconf (AC_*),
Autoheader (AH_*), Automake (AM_*), and M4sh (AS_*) macro names as
keywords.

What about including Libtool (LT_*) macros in the list?

>From d0cfd2afd9e451e851e55ce6a2fc3f49a4517b80 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 11:49:07 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fontify Libtool macros in autoconf-mode

* lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el (autoconf-font-lock-keywords): Apply
font-lock-keyword-face also to Libtool's LT_* macros.
---
 lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el b/lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el
index 73cf290f43..78148ccf85 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el
@@ -44,7 +44,7 @@ autoconf-definition-regexp
   "A\\(?:H_TEMPLATE\\|C_\\(?:SUBST\\|DEFINE\\(?:_UNQUOTED\\)?\\)\\)(\\[*\\(\\(?:\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+\\)\\]*")
 
 (defvar autoconf-font-lock-keywords
-  `(("\\_<A[CHMS]_\\(?:\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+" . font-lock-keyword-face)
+  `(("\\_<\\(?:A[CHMS]\\|LT\\)_\\(?:\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+" . font-lock-keyword-face)
     (,autoconf-definition-regexp
      1 font-lock-function-name-face)
     ;; Are any other M4 keywords really appropriate for configure.ac,
-- 
2.33.0

Thanks,

-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-09-17 built on tia
Repository revision: 12d2fb58c416b557924174f57bfb1c9b9e7cf999
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid