Subject: Re: bug#50646: 28.0.50; narrow-to-defun sometimes narrows to wrong defun

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:01:38 +0300

> Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 22:04:13 +1200
> From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
>   (defun insert-file-contents-literally (filename &optional visit beg end 
> replace)
>     "Like `insert-file-contents', but only reads in the file literally.
>   See `insert-file-contents' for an explanation of the parameters.
> -A buffer may be modified in several ways after reading into the buffer,
> -due to Emacs features such as format decoding, character code
> -conversion, `find-file-hook', automatic uncompression, etc.
> +
> +In other circumstances a buffer may be modified in several ways after
> +reading into the buffer, due to Emacs features such as format decoding,
> +character code conversion, `find-file-hook', automatic uncompression, 
> etc.

What "other circumstances"?  This phrase only makes sense when "some
circumstances" were described before it.