Subject: bug#50630: [PATCH] Add tests for insert-directory

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:44:25 +0300

> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:37:29 +0000
> From: John Cummings <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Do we agree that listing a given directory should show the same amount
> > of used and free space, not matter what is the default-directory of
> > the buffer from which you invoke insert-directory? Because that's
> > what I saw after running your recipe.
> 
> Yes, I agree. If you saw the same amount of free space,
> it's because you didn't make pwd-a and pwd-b be directories
> on two different volumes that have different amounts of free space.

OK, so I'm saying that when invoking Dired, I see the same numbers
(both of them) no matter from which buffer I invoked Dired.  Even if
the default-directory of each buffer is on a different drive.

With your recipe, indeed the free space is not always correct.  But
why is that use case interesting?  insert-directory is not a normally
a user-visible function.