Subject: bug#50630: [PATCH] Add tests for insert-directory

From: John Cummings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 12:30:51 +0000

John Cummings <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii [email-masked] wrote:
> > > Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:58:25 +0000
> > > From: John Cummings [email-masked]
> > > Along those lines, I also attempted to skip the test when ls-lisp
> > > would be used during files-tests.el, which I predict might happen when
> > > building on Windows?
> > Why did you need to skip those tests? Can you elaborate?
> ls-lisp has its own implementation of insert-directory, which
[snipped long section about WHY I thought the test should be skipped]

Also, I now see how making files-tests.el responsible for
accommodating ls-lisp.el might be backwards. If skipping the tests is
still a good idea, I'll try to learn if there's a more conventional
way to do it, e.g. having files-tests.el look for more general signs
that the insert-directory implementation has been overridden, or
maybe having ls-lisp.el be responsible for asking that that test be
skipped.