Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Make wayland-protocols dependency native-input.

From: muradm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:23:31 +0300

wayland-protocols is not runtime dependency and only build time
dependency for applications that directly using wayland.

Initially I tought that making wayland-protocols a native-inputs
dependency as it should, it would reduce number of dependants on
it. But it turns out other way around. With this patchset we are
fixing gtk+ to not advertise it as dependency in its .pc files,
and moving wayland-protocols to native-inputs where it should be.

Patch provided for gtk+ also merged with upstream.

Patchset prepared from core-updates-frozen. While it seems that
it will impact many other packages, actually this patch reduces
number of packages that touches wayland-protocols and probably
avoids it at runtime.

muradm (2):
  gnu: gtk: Move wayland-protocols to native-inputs.
  gnu: Fix wayland-protocols dependency to be in native-inputs.

 gnu/packages/arcan.scm                        |  6 ++--
 gnu/packages/enlightenment.scm                | 10 +++----
 gnu/packages/fcitx5.scm                       |  4 +--
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm                  | 14 +++++-----
 gnu/packages/gl.scm                           | 10 +++----
 gnu/packages/gtk.scm                          |  7 +++--
 gnu/packages/image.scm                        | 12 ++++----
 gnu/packages/julia-jll.scm                    |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-frameworks.scm               |  6 ++--
 gnu/packages/kodi.scm                         |  4 ++-
 gnu/packages/language.scm                     |  2 +-
 .../gtk3-wayland-protocols-dependency.patch   | 23 +++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/sdl.scm                          |  5 ++--
 gnu/packages/video.scm                        | 28 +++++++++----------
 gnu/packages/wm.scm                           |  4 +--
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm                      | 20 ++++++-------
 gnu/packages/xorg.scm                         |  4 ++-
 17 files changed, 95 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gtk3-wayland-protocols-dependency.patch

-- 
2.33.0