Subject: bug#50626: 25.2; GNU Emacs aborts itself

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 13:20:52 +0200

Christian Brechbuehler <[email-masked]> writes:

> start "server":
>    emacs --daemon
>
> clients connect an disconnect:
>    emacsclient -nc
>
> Clients often connect in ssh sessions, i.e., the X11 server may be
> away.  One client was on a laptop, which decided to sleep to conserve
> battery.  Presumably the network connection timed out, causing emacs
> to send itself SIGABRT and dump core.  This happens repeatedly.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

You didn't include the debugging output from `M-x report-emacs-bug', so
it's hard to say what could be causing this.  If this is with a build
that uses the gtk toolkit, then this is a known limitation (and is fixed
by using some other toolkit).

Is that the case?  If not, do you still see this in recent Emacs
versions?  Emacs 25.2 is quite old.