Subject: 23.1.50; GUD gdb completion problem

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:39:27 -0500

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Run gdb on a program.  Attempt completion while setting a breakpoint on
a function.

Example: before hitting TAB:

(gdb) b main_wit

after hitting TAB:

(gdb) h_guileb main_wit

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
 of 2009-11-27 on maru
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x 4 C-g C-g b SPC m a i n _ w i t <tab> d d <switch-frame> 
c o m i n t SPC r e p l <backspace> <backspace> l a 
t e d ) <switch-frame> d d d d d d d d d d d c c d 
d d d c d c c d c c c c C-x o C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f 
C-f M-x <switch-frame> f i n d - f u n <tab> C-g C-g 
C-x o C-n C-n C-x o C-n C-n C-n C-n C-a C-f C-f M-x 
f i n d - f u n <tab> <return> <return> C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-M-x C-x 
o C-_ C-e <tab> C-_ C-_ M-x d e b u g - o n <tab> <return> 
g u d - g d b - c o m <tab> <return> <tab> d d d d 
d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d 
d d d d d d d d c c c d d d d d d d c d c d c d c c 
c c <switch-frame> C-x b * <tab> C-g C-g M-x r e p 
o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
Partially completed
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
Making completion list...
Don't touch it!  It's the History Eraser Button, you fool! [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-words hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-words
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode
/home/md5i/src/elisp/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psvn
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init

Features:
(shadow jka-compr find-func etags dabbrev debug emacsbug vc-git cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
gdb-mi bindat json gud mule-util bbdb-hooks vc-dispatcher vc-svn
gnus-cite ansi-color gnus-async gnus-bcklg parse-time sort byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nnfolder utf-7 utf7
rfc2104 nnimap nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com nnml
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime dig gnus-cache edmacro kmacro gnus-demon
nntp nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems server
uptimes pp uniquify descr-text help-mode view tramp-imap epa epg
epg-config imap-hash imap assoc tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb
tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source format-spec
tramp-compat trampver time rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
sgml-mode psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode inf-caml
camldebug thingatpt derived shell caml-types caml-emacs caml-font caml
advice help-fns advice-preload compile imenu message sendmail ecomplete
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev
nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils generic-x debian-el
debian-el-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone
ange-ftp regexp-opt comint ring cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])