Subject: bug#506: mouse scrolls the other buffer in Vista

From: [email-masked] (John Paul Wallington)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:38:44 +0100

"Vaidotas Zemlys" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Microsoft Windows Vista mouse scroll does not work as expected. If
> you split windows and change to the new window, the mouse still scrolls
> previous window. Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Run runemacs from unzipped download of emacs 22.2.
> 2. Open any file which does not fit into window.
> 3. Split the windows with C-x 3
> 4. Change to other window and try to scroll with the mouse.
>
> Vaidotas

There is a customizable variable, `mouse-wheel-follow-mouse', that
specifies whether the mouse wheel should scroll the window that the
mouse is over.  By default it is on, despite the behaviour being
slightly disconcerting.

When the mouse still scrolls the previous window is the mouse pointer
over the previous window?  If so, does customizing
`mouse-wheel-follow-mouse' help?