Subject: bug#506 closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#506: mouse scrolls the other buffer in Vista)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#506: mouse scrolls the other buffer in Vista

It has been closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
506: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=506
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Wed Jul 23 03:09:21 2008
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:08:59 +0100
From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
To: Vaidotas Zemlys <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#506: mouse scrolls the other buffer in Vista
OpenPGP: id=8086879D

Vaidotas Zemlys wrote:

> OK, I plugged another mouse, and the problem disappeared. The problem
> was probably  caused by the driver of my
> laptop touchpad.  (Asus F3Jp)

Thanks for confirming that the problem was external to Emacs. Touchpads
seem to often have this problem, probably because they cannot simply
reuse the standard mouse drivers, so their driver developers are tempted
to do things their own way.

>From [email-masked] Mon Jun 30 02:20:26 2008
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:20:03 +0300
From: "Vaidotas Zemlys" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: mouse scrolls the other buffer in Vista

Hi,

On Microsoft Windows Vista mouse scroll does not work as expected. If
you split windows and change to the new window, the mouse still scrolls
previous window. Steps to reproduce:

1. Run runemacs from unzipped download of emacs 22.2.
2. Open any file which does not fit into window.
3. Split the windows with C-x 3
4. Change to other window and try to scroll with the mouse.

Vaidotas

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6000)
 of 2008-03-26 on RELEASE
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6000
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: FR
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  encoded-kbd-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
2 <help-echo> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
M-x r e p o <tab> r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading encoded-kb...done
Loading pc-select...done
Loading delsel...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll: Beginning of buffer [11 times]
Making completion list...
Loading help-mode...done
Loading emacsbug...
Loading regexp-opt...done
Loading emacsbug...done