Subject: Re: bug#50586: [PATCH] gnu: mysql: Propagate runtime dependencies.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:26:24 +0200

Hi,

On lun., 20 sept. 2021 at 19:19, Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It looks like mysqld_safe could use the same kind of wrapping, at least
> for "ps" and "grep" binaries. Could you please have a look?

Thanks for the catch up.  Well, it is fixed in v3.  I have checked by
hand the 2 bash scripts…

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ file bin/* | grep -v ELF
bin/mysql_config:              a /gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash script, ASCII text executable
bin/mysqld_safe:               a /gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh script, ASCII text executable
bin/mysqld_multi:              Perl script text executable
bin/mysqldumpslow:             Perl script text executable
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

…and I have no idea about the Perl ones; let assume all is fine since
there is no bug report about them. ;-)

Note that ’mysqld_safe’ contains absolute path:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      # Restrict to a the list in $malloc_dirs above
      case "`dirname "$malloc_lib"`" in
        /usr/lib) ;;
        /usr/lib64) ;;
        /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu) ;;
        /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu) ;;
        *)
          log_error "--malloc-lib must be located in one of the directories: $malloc_dirs"
          exit 1
          ;;
      esac
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Because I am not an user of ’mysqld_safe’ and there is no bug report, I
assume it is not an issue and let it aside.

Cheers,
simon