Subject: bug#50569: 28.0.50; [native-comp] emacs-lisp-native-compile-and-load does not load require'd files before compiling

From: Adam Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:05:52 -0500

Hi Lars,

Thanks for following up on this.

On 8/25/22 10:16, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Adam Porter <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> *Expected results:* + Compilation succeeds without errors or 
>> warnings. + Macro ~bar-define-key~ is defined. + Function 
>> ~bar-key-baz~ is defined.
>> 
>> *Actual results:* Neither the macro nor the function are defined, 
>> and these warnings are displayed in =*Compile-Log*=:
> 
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't 
> resolved at the time.)
> 
> I'm unable to reproduce this problem in Emacs 29 -- do you still see 
> this problem with the current master?

I'm afraid I don't have time to test that myself right now.  If you were
unable to reproduce it with the recipe I provided, I'd guess that it's
been solved in version 29.

If it's possible to backport a fix to version 28, that would be
good, because if that version ends up being included in various
distributions and used for years, it would mean that Emacs packages
could have to workaround this problem for years as well.  (Or, of
course, they could declare Emacs 29 as the minimum required version,
which will lead users on version 28 to complain...you know the drill.)