Subject: Re: bug#50563: [PATCH [0/2] gnu: GDM: Add Wayland support

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 17:29:40 +0000

Hey,

Thanks for the v2, I applied it on the core-updates-frozen branch
because that's where it tested it. It should soon be merged in the
master branch.

I edited the patches to add your copyrights on top of the edited
files. I also wrapped a few lines and edited the commit messages.

>> That's unrelated, but what's your take on enabling wayland by default on
>> GDM, like some other distributions? Just ran a quick search and it looks
>> like it could be problematic for Nvidia users.
>
> I'd be mostly in favor of it, as this makes the experience smoother
> when trying to use a Wayland compositor "out-of-the-box" (sway and
> such are getting quite popular).  For Nvidia users, they mostly are
> aware of the driver shortcomings (and it seems that the
> incompatibility will soon disappear anyway), maybe a short heads-up in
> the documentation would suffice.

OK so we are on the same page. Do you think you could send a patch
enabling Wayland by default for GDM and the associated documentation
update :)?

Thanks for your work on that topic,

Mathieu