Subject: bug#50557: closed (Re: bug#50557: Unable to access remote logs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:18:01 +0000

Your bug report

#50557: Unable to access remote logs

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50557: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50557
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50557: Unable to access remote logs
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:16:50 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> Mathieu, can you think of a way we could address this?  Maybe Cuirass
> could handle those /log URLs since it already has build log URLs anyway?

I fixed it with 60190401ce4ccc890629ec3cb22a84a8ab8c2645 in Cuirass and
abaf1392287d50a7225cdb3e3f3f8b82b827c7db in maintenance.

I now have:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@meije ~$ guix build emacs --log-file --no-grafts
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/g24hw5dv5k89wqs83457xmjbd56whkab-emacs-27.2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: Unable to access remote logs
From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 18:07:37 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

For whatever reason, it seems build logs are not available from
ci.guix.gnu.org and bordeaux.guix.gnu.org.  "Invoking guix publish" says
that they should be available at /log/store-name, but...

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build hello
0.1 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10
substituting /gnu/store/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10...
downloading from https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10 ...
 hello-2.10  51KiB                                                        249KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10

$ wget https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10
--2021-09-12 18:05:39--  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10
Resolving ci.guix.gnu.org (ci.guix.gnu.org)... 141.80.181.40
Connecting to ci.guix.gnu.org (ci.guix.gnu.org)|141.80.181.40|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2021-09-12 18:05:40 ERROR 404: Not Found.

$ guix build hello --log-file
guix build: error: no build log for '/gnu/store/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--
Sarah