Subject: 28.0.50; pulse-momentary highlighting does not dissapear when switching to bookmark

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 16:01:11 +0300

I have a function that pulses line where cursor is when i switch
to other window.

(add-to-list 'window-selection-change-functions
             (lambda (arg)
               (pulse-momentary-highlight-one-line (point))))

When using this function in emacs 28 and switching to bookmark, or
creating bookmark for this file line at which point was when function is
executed gets permanently highlighted.

Steps to reproduce:
1. emacs -Q
2. evaluate
   (add-to-list 'window-selection-change-functions
                (lambda (arg)
                  (pulse-momentary-highlight-one-line (point))))
3. Create new buffer (C-x b b RET)
4. Insert text with newlines (RET test RET test)
4. Write buffer to disk so it can be bookmarked (C-x C-w RET)
5. Store bookmark (C-x r m RET)
6. Line of text where cursor was when (C-x r m RET) was executed will be
   highlighted
Text will also be highlighted when opening bookmark using C-x r b

Same thing happens when using emacs from terminal with emacs -Q -nw

This bug occurs only in emacs 28 that is compiled from sourse using
PKGBUILD from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/emacs-git/ with option
JIT set to "YES", which, from reading PKGBUILD adds
--with-native-compilation to ./configure flags and runs *make
NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1* instead of just *make*.
In emacs27.2-1 installed using pacman this bug does not occur.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-09-12 built on Arch
Repository revision: c5bdb287e8109beef06f477fa1212226945c265e
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-native-compilation
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -flto -fuse-linker-plugin'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher
bookmark pp pulse color kmacro mail-extr message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search
time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79543 5871)
 (symbols 48 7500 0)
 (strings 32 21960 1662)
 (string-bytes 1 722659)
 (vectors 16 15929)
 (vector-slots 8 275098 26415)
 (floats 8 105 173)
 (intervals 56 313 1)
 (buffers 992 12))