Subject: Re: bug#50507: New function in Emacs GnuTLS implementation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:39:35 +0300

> From: Nikolaos Chatzikonstantinou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 19:39:52 +0900
> 
> I am looking at the src/gnutls.c:gnutls-boot function for the purpose of
> modifying it to use the function gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file2
> instead of gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file. (Note the missing `2')
> 
> The reason for this addition would be to protect the key with a
> password. Note that the pass parameter may be NULL.

Do you intend to make the change unconditionally, or do you intend to
make it an optional feature?

And what is the minimal GnuTLS version which provided this function?

> I am sending this e-mail to gauge interest in this as a proposal. It
> makes sense to me but I am not very experienced. How does one submit
> a patch for Emacs? Is it via the mailing lists by attaching a diff
> hunk?

Yes, you provide a patch as an attachment, preferably in the "git
format-patch" format.  See the file CONTRIBUTE in the Emacs Git
repository for more details.

Thanks.