Subject: Re: bug#50507: New function in Emacs GnuTLS implementation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 13:03:16 +0200

Nikolaos Chatzikonstantinou <[email-masked]> writes:

> However, I suspect that this API is not used by most
> packages. Instead, these functions are called from Emacs'
> make-network-process and friends in src/process.c. If I just dump new
> gnutls functions in src/gnutls.c, they might not be accessible for
> use, or I might duplicate functionality.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.  The point was to use
gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file2 instead of
gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file in gnutls.c -- so that should be an
internal change in gnutls.c that nothing else should need to know about.

> Before I make sensible changes to src/gnutls.c, I would need to
> understand better how the functions are used in
> src/process.c. However, that file is lacking function
> comments. Therefore, since I'll be studying it anyhow, I suggest that
> my first patch will be C documentation for those functions in
> src/process.c.

process.c has an abundance of comments already, but if there's further
comments that would be helpful, that's welcome, of course.