Subject: [PATCH v2 00/13] Add python-manim

From: Daniel Meißner<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:25:06 +0200

Hi!

The following patchset implements the suggestions by Xinglu and Liliana.

Main points:

* fix tests for all packages
  BUT: python-moderngl-window still has some failing tests
* Fix formatting as suggested by Xinglu Chen
* Fix dependencies of python-manim and python-pyglet

Open problems:

Some of the tests of python-moderngl-window fail during `guix build
--keep-failed python-moderngl-window'.  However, when changing into the build
directory and running `pytest tests' in a guix environment where the
dependencies are installed, the tests pass.  Any ideas?

The package python-manim has an optional LaTeX dependency to allow LaTeX
rendering of equations.  The docs[1] say that the full package list they use
is:

amsmath babel-english cbfonts-fd cm-super ctex doublestroke dvisvgm everysel
fontspec frcursive fundus-calligra gnu-freefont jknapltx latex-bin
mathastext microtype ms physics preview ragged2e relsize rsfs
setspace standalone tipa wasy wasysym xcolor xetex xkeyval

Since texlive is a relatively large package: What is the best way to deal with
this optional dependency?

1: https://docs.manim.community/en/stable/installation/linux.html#optional-dependencies

Daniel Meißner (13):
  gnu: Add python-cloup.
  gnu: Add python-cloup-0.7.
  gnu: Add python-glcontext.
  gnu: Add python-moderngl.
  gnu: Add python-pyglet.
  gnu: Add python-multipledispatch.
  gnu: Add python-pyrr.
  gnu: Add python-screeninfo.
  gnu: Add python-moderngl-window.
  gnu: Add python-manimpango.
  gnu: Add python-mapbox-earcut.
  gnu: Add python-screeninfo-0.6.
  gnu: Add python-manim 0.9.0.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   3 +
 .../python-manimpango-remove-manim-dep.patch  | 172 +++++++++
 .../python-moderngl-window-skip-tests.patch   |  62 ++++
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm               |  93 +++++
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm                   | 341 ++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 671 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/python-manimpango-remove-manim-dep.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/python-moderngl-window-skip-tests.patch

-- 
2.33.0