Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/12] gnu: Add python-manim

From: Daniel Meißner<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:32:56 +0200

Hi Liliana,

Liliana writes:
> > Normally, such tests want to write to $HOME/.cache.  I'm not sure
> > why
> > HOME isn't homeless-shelter in this output, but setting HOME or
> > XDG_CACHE_HOME appropriately ought to resolve this one.
> Oops, forgot about the value, normally we do (setenv "HOME" (getcwd))
> in the build directory, for XDG_CACHE_HOME that'd be (string-append
> (getcwd) "/.cache").  If whatever creates this cache doesn't honour
> XDG_CACHE_HOME, you'll have to find out which variable it honours or
> potentially patch it.

I couldn't find the right variable to make this error message
disappear.  I am not even sure where the error message comes from.  It
appears somewhere during the check phase of python-pyglet.  However,
turned out that this error message was not responsible for the failing
tests and the tests now pass.

Best
Daniel