Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/12] gnu: Add python-manim

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:46:29 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Am Montag, den 13.09.2021, 16:30 +0200 schrieb Daniel Meißner:
> Hi Liliana,
> 
> Liliana writes:
> > For the tests that need DISPLAY, the usual thing we do here is to
> > spawn an Xvfb for display :1 and set DISPLAY accordingly.  There
> > are several variants depending on what exactly else you need (some
> > with dbus, some without), simply grep for "xorg-server-for-tests"
> > and you ought to find one that fits your needs.
> 
> Thanks for your advice, I was able to spawn an Xvfb for display :1
> like you suggested but apparently, the tests for python-manim want to
> create some type of cache folder.  The tests now raise a different
> error: `Failed to create //.cache for shader cache (Permission
> denied)---disabling.' I have to investigate where this error message
> comes from.  I suppose I have to set some environment variable.
> Nevertheless, what would be an appriopiate writable location for the
> cache?
Normally, such tests want to write to $HOME/.cache.  I'm not sure why
HOME isn't homeless-shelter in this output, but setting HOME or
XDG_CACHE_HOME appropriately ought to resolve this one.

Regards,
Liliana