Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/12] gnu: Add python-manim

From: Daniel Meißner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:30:29 +0200

Hi Liliana,

Liliana writes:
> For the tests that need DISPLAY, the usual thing we do here is to spawn
> an Xvfb for display :1 and set DISPLAY accordingly.  There are several
> variants depending on what exactly else you need (some with dbus, some
> without), simply grep for "xorg-server-for-tests" and you ought to find
> one that fits your needs.

Thanks for your advice, I was able to spawn an Xvfb for display :1 like
you suggested but apparently, the tests for python-manim want to create
some type of cache folder.  The tests now raise a different error:
`Failed to create //.cache for shader cache (Permission
denied)---disabling.' I have to investigate where this error message
comes from.  I suppose I have to set some environment variable.
Nevertheless, what would be an appriopiate writable location for the
cache?

> Once we find out the packages that fail regardless, that have no easy
> fix, it is still acceptable to fix a few failing tests manually by
> patching the test suite, or if all else fails use `#:tests? #f' with an
> appropriate comment.

Alright, thank you.  I will give the other tests another try.

Best Daniel