Subject: Re: bug#50500: Add ways to copy id bookmark link in eww

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:15:40 +0200

Yuchen Pei <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'd like to add a functionality to copy the bookmark link to the kill
> ring when the point is on a element with an id attribute.
>
> For example, say I am reading
> <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html>, and Section 13 looks
> interesting which I want to save for reference.  By calling the said
> function while the point is at Section 13, the link
> <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html#section13> is added to the
> kill ring.

Well, people put ids on all kinds of elements, but they're not generally
meant to be used for navigation.  (I mean, sometimes they are, but
statistically speaking, they're not.)

So I'm not sure that `w' in general should be doing this in eww.
Anybody else got an opinion?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no