Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Font for fixed-pitch not resolved

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:40:45 -0400

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> No.  Once again, emacs never enters this block.
>
> That's strange.
>
> You reported, earlier, that your font log displays the following:
>
>  sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-15-*-iso8859-1
>    x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
>    x:open failed: -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--15-*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
>
> As far as I can tell, the error message comes from the following line in
> xfont.c:601
>
>   if (! xfont)
>     {
>       font_add_log ("  x:open failed", build_string (name), Qnil);
>       return Qnil;
>     }
>
> Could you set a breakpoint here and see if that's indeed where the error
> message is issued?

Yes, it is.  The calls to XLoadQueryFont on lines 535 and 563 both
return NULL.  The first time it is called with
"-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--15-*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1", and the
second time with
""-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-c-0-iso8859-1".  However,
even though XLoadQueryFont returns NULL, x_had_errors_p(display) is
false afterwards both times.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])