Subject: bug#505: 23.0.60; Font for fixed-pitch not resolved

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:22:36 -0400

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> You are correct.  It was coming from
>> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/fonts.dir
>>
>> Monospace.ttf -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
>>
>> Here's the interesting thing about these.  XListFonts will come back
>> with this list.  XListFontsWithInfo will not.  I do not, as yet, know
>> why.
>
> I suggest filing a bug in the Debian bug tracker, against x-ttcid-font.
> Could you do that?

Based on the emacs-devel thread, I did some further diagnosis.  The
Monospace.ttf font did seem to come from ttf-georgewilliams.  It
actually wasn't in the ttf-georgewilliams package, but must have been at
one point in time.  I removed ttf-georgewilliams (at least for now), and
tried in vain to get defoma to forget about it using "normal" means, but
failed.  I eventually was reduced to doing a M-x grep-find on
ttf-georgewilliams in the /var/lib/defoma directory.  I then went to
every instance in any file and deleted it manually from those files.  I
then ran defoma-reconfigure.  After restarting X, everything works fine
again.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])