Subject: Re: bug#505: 23.0.60; Font for fixed-pitch not resolved

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:05:24 -0400

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> md5i@maru:/usr/share/fonts/X11$ ls */fonts.dir */fonts.scale
>> 100dpi/fonts.dir  cyrillic/fonts.dir  misc/fonts.scale	Type1/fonts.scale
>> 75dpi/fonts.dir   misc/fonts.dir      Type1/fonts.dir
>
> There can be more font directories than those.  Use xset q to see your
> current font path.

You are correct.  It was coming from
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/fonts.dir

Monospace.ttf -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
Monospace.ttf -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
MonospaceBold.ttf -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
MonospaceBold.ttf -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
MonospaceOblique.ttf -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
MonospaceOblique.ttf -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
-iso8859-1

Here's the interesting thing about these.  XListFonts will come back
with this list.  XListFontsWithInfo will not.  I do not, as yet, know
why.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])