Subject: Re: bug#50497: [PATCH] Adding eww-{next,previous,up,top}-path.

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 11:25:41 +0300

> Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> That's also true, so I was sceptical about adding that (because it also
>>> makes `C-s' etc behave sub-optimally in 99.7% of web pages), so I've
>>> been pondering whether to remove it (or at least hide it behind and
>>> option defaulting to "off").
>>
>> But users like it:
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/9oi1e3/ewws_awesome_isearch_support_just_blew_my_mind/
>
> Yeah, it's a neat trick (which makes people go "ooo").  So disabling it
> would be a shame.  But it does make the user experience slightly worse
> most of the time...
>
> Actually, we could just tweak it -- today it says "repeat for next
> buffer" even if there's no next buffer (it only checks afterwards),
> apparently.  Hm...  Right, if eww only sets
> `multi-isearch-next-buffer-function' when there's a rel=next/prev, then
> this awkwardness disappears.
>
> Now done.

Thanks, this makes perfect sense - when there are no next/prev links,
then normal isearch should be used.